Monday 16 May 2016

Landscape reflection


Point Lonsdale Beach
My assessment was a mixture of Landscape ecology (coast), architecture (pier) and photography, which I used when creating my sketch. I created the sketch from mental imagery of the first photo as well as several drafts that i used to work out which photo I liked best to use in my final drawing. I included as much detail as I could recall, as a final piece I will submit both the photo and my sketch.

As an adult and more importantly as a student I believe it is important that students learn and are able to make personal connections with experiences and Landscapes. It is essential that students build and have a place where they feel their sense of belonging and somewhere they can go to for a walk, or to release from daily stresses etc.

Landscape reflection
Throughout my arts journey, I found it quite hard to decide on which layout to use and whether I should colour in my sketch. I also questioned what pencil I should use to create the perfect piece, whether a different pencil would help create a more in depth image.
Throughout the final sketch as I decided to draw free hand I found it rather difficult to stop over critiquing myself and except that what I was sketching was good enough. I am so thrilled with my final piece, I love the shading I incorporated into it and the white erased waves which show the image of the white wash crashing into the rock pools.

How I could implement this into my classroom
Incorporated into the school curriculum I would encourage students without any photos or queues to close their eyes and think of a space that means something to them, encourage them to think of details they can remember about the weather, what was nearby, who were they there with? How they felt whilst at this place and then hold that image in their minds and draw what they had seen. A creative writing piece could be added to help the class feel a stronger sense of importance for that student.

To add an emotional theme I will include stresses and worries being washed out to sea, providing a sense of weights being lifted off me.

References
Johnson. P, (2013) “Connected the sustainable Landscapes”, Phillip Johnson Landscapes, (online) viewed 3rd March 2016

McGarigal. K, (2002) “Landscape Ecology”, what is a landscape? (Online) viewed 4th March 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment