Sunday 15 May 2016

Bump in the road






































28/3/16

During the time of this photo being taken, was quite a difficult time for me. I had just had hip surgery and was experiencing my first down moment and feelings of sadness, frustration and hurt. I also received some terrible news about a close friend that week, which really capped off the photo for me. This shot of the same pier around the same time as the first photo shows dark shadows which reflect my current state of feeling. The light shining through the clouds gives me a sense of hope that remaining positive and focussed is my best and only option. That sun will continue to push through and rise again tomorrow, forcing itself through the clouds to shine as bright as ever. 

Another key element that I reflected upon during my time down there was the structure and sturdiness of the pier. No matter the weather, the weight or the force of the tide it still stands there so firm and strong and I feel that I need to see myself as the pier. It may be tarnished and the wood may start to crack but it still stands there tall and true. I need to remind myself that during the high and lows that I will experience over the course of my final year as well as over the rest of my life, I need to stand tall, have confidence, faith and resilience to be able to push my self through any sticky situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment